Illawarra Family Day Care (IFDC) is a not-for-profit community-based organisation providing quality education and care throughout the Illawarra Region since 1977.
We have a number of professional and qualified educators, who provide learning experiences and care for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years in a happy and safe home-based setting.
We provide a child safe culture and welcoming environment where all children experiences learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
Our educators are well supported and resourced working collaboratively alongside IFDC highly qualified coordination team who offer regular support and home visits.
Benefits of family Day Care
As a parent one of the biggest decisions, you will have to make in the first few years of your child’s life is where and what kind of care they will receive when you go back to work.
Family Day Care is an approved form of early Education and Care that is provided in the educator’s family home. Families often choose family day care for its unique natural home environment and small group settings. Family Day care offers
- Individualised learning programs by qualified Educators
- Flexible hours and cost (Weekend, Evening, Before & After school care, vacation)
- Greater community engagement
- Closer bonds with educators
- Operates under the National Quality Framework
- Parents are eligible for Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
- Provide care from 6weeks to 12 years